On April 1, 2018, China’s new casual shoes product standard – QB/T 2955-2017 – came into effect, replacing QB/T 2955-2008. The new standard was issued by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology on November 7, 2017.
The product standard covers adult casual shoes that are used daily but no longer covers high-heeled shoes (women’s shoes with heel height above 20.0mm and heel breast above 8.0mm; men’s shoes with heel above 25.0mm and heel breast height above 10.0mm).
The primary differences between the new version and the 2008 version are:
- Revision of scope
- Casual shoe definition revised
- High-class grade requirements deleted
- Odor and outsole flexing resistance at cold temperature requirements added
- Whole shoe flexing requirements revised
- Bonding durability of upper-sole requirements revised, with condition that the material is torn but still bonded
- Flexing index of fiberboard requirements removed
- Decomposable carcinogenic arylamines dyes requirements revised
- Formaldehyde requirements revised to with contact to skin and without contact to skin
To learn more about the changes, view our original Safeguard 062/18, or contact your local SGS office.
SGS Softlines Services
SGS has a worldwide network of over 40 state-of-the-art laboratories specializing in softline testing. Their committed team is drawn from multi-disciplinary backgrounds, allowing them to carry out a comprehensive range of physical, chemical and functional testing services for components, materials and finished products. SGS helps companies ensure quality, performance and compliance with international, industrial and regulatory standards worldwide. Learn more about SGS’s Softlines Services.
SGS SafeGuardS keep you up to date with the latest news and developments in the consumer goods industry. Read the full China Updated Footwear Product Standard – QB/T 2955-2017 <Casual Shoes> SafeGuardS.
Subscribe here to receive SGS SafeGuardS direct to your inbox.
For further information contact:
Director Technical Support, Softlines
Tel: +1 973 461 7919
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.