The National Technical Committee of Garments of the Standardization Administration of China has issued an updated version of its product standard GB/T 2662 for clothes with fillings. The 2017 version of the standard replaces the 2008 version and will be implemented on December 1, 2017. The new standard was included in No. 11 announcement 2017, of newly approved national standards in the People’s Republic of China.
The standard covers mass produced woven textile fabric clothing that is filled with either natural fibers, chemical fibers, or a blend of these materials. It also covers clothing that has animal fur or artificial fur linings and/or detachable linings. It does not cover products containing down or feather, or infant clothing for children aged less than 36 months.
GB/T 2662-2017 contains several revisions to GB/T 2662-2008. These include changes to the:
- Applicable scope of the standard
- Normative references
- Instruction for use
- Information about auxiliary material, appearance defects, sewing rules, ironing rules, inspections and classification of finished products
- Inspection and determination rules for finished products
The latest version of the standard includes a provision that children’s clothing with fillings, for children aged 36 months to 14 years, should comply with the requirements of GB 31701, the testing methods for finished products and the test method for the safety performance of children’s clothing.
GB/T 2662-2017 has deleted two annexes:
- Annex A - Test methods for seam slippage
- Annex B - Sample sketch for the seam strength of trouser back rise
The new edition of the standard lists new tests for:
- Fiber content
- Formaldehyde content
- pH value
- Banned azo colorants
- Dimensional change after washing
- Dimensional change after dry cleaning
- Colorfastness for shell (washing, dry cleaning, water, perspiration, rubbing, light, transfer in joints)
- Colorfastness for lining (washing, dry rubbing, water, perspiration)
- Seam strength of trouser back rise
- Seam slippage
- Peel strength value for garments with adhesive interlining
- Pilling property for shell
- Appearance after washing and/or dry cleaning.
Stakeholders are advised to check their products comply with the latest version of the standard. For further assistance, contact SGS’s Softlines team.
SGS Softlines Services
SGS has a worldwide network of over 40 state-of-the-art laboratories specializing in softline testing. Their committed team is drawn from multi-disciplinary backgrounds, allowing them to carry out a comprehensive range of physical, chemical and functional testing services for components, materials and finished products. SGS helps companies ensure quality, performance and compliance with international, industrial and regulatory standards worldwide. Learn more about SGS’s Softlines Services.
SGS SafeGuardS keep you up to date with the latest news and developments in the consumer goods industry. Read the full Revised China Product Standard – GB/T 2662-2017 <Clothes with Fillings> SafeGuardS.
Subscribe here to receive SGS SafeGuardS direct to your inbox.
For further information contact:
Director Technical Support, Softlines
Tel: +1 973 461 7919
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 90,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.